|By CX Blog||
|July 15, 2016 05:18 AM EDT|
I’ve been tracking the global retail websites for the past year, and recently I presented the findings in a webinar on what data trends emerged. Put simply websites are slower, heavier, and more complex than ever before.
But does speed still matter?
Key outtakes from a year benchmarking ecommerce/retail website performance
- Our attention span is now 8 seconds. Almost the same as a gold fish.
- Global Response times have slowed from 4.2 to 4.5 seconds. Given users expect a site to load within 3 seconds, we are moving in the wrong direction.
- Response times impact revenue and I shared how Amazon, Walmart and Nordstrom track response time on revenue. Nordstrom found 0.5 second increase in response time impacted conversions by 11%
Here are the slides from the webinar (you can also download with speaking notes).
If you want to be the best, compare yourself to the best
http://cxblog.dynatrace.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/top40-300x157.jpg 300w, http://cxblog.dynatrace.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/top40-768x402.jpg 768w" sizes="(max-width: 900px) 100vw, 900px" />
- Response times of 2.2 seconds vs the average of 4.5 seconds
- 13 Hosts vs the average of 32
- 74 objects vs an average of 144
- 1.4MB page size vs 2MB.
I covered a lot of topics in this webinar. Here is the complete coverage and all the links:
- Download the Global Retail Benchmark Report
- Benchmark Yourself with a Free Performance Test
- Download the T-Mobile Insights Report
- See how BVA Auctions improved SEO rank with Dynatrace
- Read how Amazon prepares for peak sale periods
- Sky Business News – Australian online retailers slower than world standards
- Monitoring the Website Performance in China
I’d love to get you started on the journey to rockstar website performance.
- Please request a demo here: http://www.dynatrace.com/en/request-demo.html
Last but not least if you are up for a laugh then have a look at our Periscope Recording which includes quite a comical intro to the webinar
The post A Year Benchmarking Retail Website Performance with 7 Best Practice Resources appeared first on About: Digital Customer Experience.
- Why Apps Should Be Built Like Planes | @DevOpsSummit #APM #DevOps #DigitalTransformation
- The Impact on Ecommerce Customer Experience | @DevOpsSummit #APM #DevOps #DigitalTransformation
- Digital CX Summit – 2016 Conference Highlights
- Is management of digital experiences lost on CX pros?
- Is perceived experience reality?
- Video: Digital customer experiences in the age of faceless organisations
- A Year Benchmarking Retail Website Performance with 7 Best Practice Resources
- Australian Election: Website and Social Media Showdown
- How website & application performance impacts customer experience & loyalty
- Digital Journey or Customer Journey?